Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, January 31, 2011

How About Those Stats?



I'm a big "stats" person. That is, I find statistics about certain topics pretty interesting. When I stumbled upon this article today on
newsocialmedia.com, I was immediately intrigued and figured it would be a good post for our site. The title of the article is called "16 Surprising Social Media Stats: Eyebrow-Raising Social Media Numbers." What I liked about this post is that the author, Arik Hanson, gathered statistics from hundreds of blogs over the past several months and collaborated them together for a really informative post. Some of my favorite were:
- During the average 20-minute period in 2010, there were: 1,5870,000 wall posts, 2,716,000 photos uploaded and 10,208,000 comments posted. (AllFacebook.com)

- Since April, Twitter has gained 40 million users and a 62 percent increase in mobile use of the platform (ClickZ)

- Social networking site usage grew 88 percent among Internet users aged 55-64 between April 2009 and May 2010 (Pew Research)


Nothing like some social media stats to start off the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment