Pages

Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Apparently boring=Interesting....who knew?

So it seems as though the entire news industry is not dead yet. According to this article, no matter how bad the newspaper world is, people will always want to read about corruption and the goings on around congress. I find this to be a bit surprising, considering that watching C-Span coverage of a bill's vote is similar to the amount of excitement generated by watching someone do the dishes. Now I hope I'm reading this wrong, but it seems as though not only are businesses willing to invest more money into the muckracking of the hill, but people are willing to pay exorbitant amounts to get in depth coverage into congress. The huffpost article reports.
Bloomberg, already a big player on the Hill, has added 150 staffers for the launch of Bloomberg Government, a trove of news, policy data and wonk intel that costs subscribers $5,700 a year.
I'm sorry...what?! 5,700 dollars a year for a subscription to bloomberg government. Someone please explain that sentence to me, because it so far beyond my levels of comprehension.

I am all for a transparent government, but at some point I think that 24 hour coverage of congressional hearings is superfluous and unnecessary. There is real news out there that deserves the amount of attention that capitol hill is mysteriously receiving. Explanations anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment