Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 14, 2011

Interesting Video About Texting While Driving


I saw this a while ago on Dr. Phil and wanted to share.

1 comment:

  1. Allie,
    This is a great video that shows how teens who have recently obtained their licenses feel they are invincible to the dangers of texting while driving. The girl profiled in the video says she's a good enough texter that she feels she won't get into a serious accident. Then Dr. Phil goes on to describe the accidents she's gotten in. You's think that driving into a side rail and nearly hitting a pedestrian would be enough to deter someone from texting while driving but not this girl. In many states, there are now laws that fine you for talking on the phone and texting. This law was passed 2 years ago in California and I made the mistake of making a quick call to a friend I was about to pick up on a main road in my town with a cop right behind me. I unfortunately couldn't talk my way out of it and ended up having to pay a 150 dollar ticket. Just the fact that the ticket cost 150 was enough to teach me a lesson to not talk on the phone again. Maybe this girl just needs to pay a few hefty fines to learn her lesson (and not have her mom pay for them).

    ReplyDelete